With new anti-aging treatments and products hitting the market so often, your facial rejuvenation choices can be overwhelming. Two of the most popular ways to turn back the clock on facial aging are dermal fillers and facelift. Here, Dr. Sean Maguire of Physician’s Center for Beauty sheds light on these treatments to help you determine which may be the more appropriate option for your specific needs.
What Are Dermal Fillers?
Dermal fillers are injectable products that can soften many common signs of aging, including wrinkles and creases, and add volume and definition to features like the lips and cheeks. They can be administered during a short in-office treatment. Depending on the specific filler product, results can last anywhere from a few months up to five years. Most patients must schedule repeat treatment to maintain the effects long-term.
Signs You Could Benefit from Fillers
You could benefit from treatment with dermal fillers if you:
- Are in your 30s, 40s or 50s and starting to see the effects of the aging process
- Have facial lines, creases or folds, particularly around your nose, mouth, chin and jawline
- Have hollowness in your cheekbones, tear troughs and/or temples
- Would like to plump up your lips or define your cheeks
- Are looking for a quick treatment with results that appear almost instantly
- Do not want to block out the time to return to your surgeon’s office or med-spa for regular treatment
- Are looking for a relatively low-cost anti-aging treatment
What Is Facelift?
Facelift is a surgical procedure to lift and tighten the facial skin and underlying structure. It is performed in a hospital or surgery center setting and requires anesthesia and recovery downtime. Generally, it is thought to be a one-time procedure, with the results lasting for years.
Signs You Could Benefit from Facelift
Facelift may be the more appropriate treatment option if you:
- Have moderate to severe signs of aging, including lax, saggy skin, fat displacement, jowls and lack of definition along the jawline and chin
- Want to look seven to 10 years younger
- Are interested in investing in long-term results that don’t require touch-up treatments
- Are healthy enough to undergo a major operation
- Can devote up to two weeks or more to recovery from surgery
The best way to determine the facial rejuvenation treatment that is right for you is to have an in-person evaluation with a well-trained plastic surgeon like Dr. Maguire. To book an appointment with Dr. Maguire and learn more about your options, please contact the Physician’s Center for Beauty by calling (502) 897-7546 or emailing our office today.